Recent Upgrade to Fix SNAP Server Problem

jra at dp.samba.org jra at dp.samba.org
Wed Oct 2 17:24:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:05:00AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Irving Carrion wrote:
> >
> > Greetings!
> >
> > We just recently upgraded from Samba 2.2.3a to 2.999+3.0cvs20 and are
> > having a few problems.  The "domain admin group" that used to work in
> > the previous version no longer does. According to the docs
> > smb.conf.5.html the command is still there and still active.  Obviously
> > I have missed something... can anyone relay some info my way.
>
> You are trusting our documentation...?

To comment on this.... Yes, you *should* trust our documentation
(I don't want Andrew to make people lose confidence in this). We
put a lot of work into making the docs accurate - but only for
*production* releases.

That currently means we're finishing the docs for 2.2.6. In fact,
missing docs are considered a show-stopper for a production release
and we won't ship without them.

Just to clear that up.

Jeremy.