Temporary admin user

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Wed Oct 2 07:43:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

today few people of our IT staff are "admin users" in smb.conf. This is a
dangerous situation, on the other side, they must be able to do things normal
users can not. Because we use win98 on the clients it is not possible to switch
user at runtime like its possible to do with Xp.

What about the following proposal:

- add a attribute to the usernames listed in "admin users". The users with this
attribute are not admin by default, but are candidates

- add a message type to smbcontrol to enable or disable the admin mode.

Bye
Andreas