samba on lynxos 3.0

Olaf Flebbe o.flebbe at science-computing.de
Thu Nov 28 16:23:01 GMT 2002

>>Unfortunatly there is no crypt() available on Lynxos. So you have to
>>work around this issue somehow.
>
> With a little work, you can probably port the FreeBSD version of crypt.c to
> your system. The FreeBSD license should not give you any problems.

Hi,

The freebsd sources are not particulary useful because the DES algorithm seems
to be missing in libcrypt. Anyway, I used the fcrypt.c from the libdes package.

Olaf

--
   Dr. Olaf Flebbe                            Phone +49 (0)7071-9457-254
   Software Solutions                         FAX   +49 (0)7071-9457-211
   D-72070 Tuebingen                Email: o.flebbe at science-computing.de

       The amount of work to be done increases in proportion to the
                   amount of work already completed.