RE RE: 2nd attempt: Modify location of printerdriverfiles

"Kätzler, Ralf" Ralf.Kaetzler at SenGSV.verwalt-berlin.de
Thu Nov 28 11:19:01 GMT 2002

I think the workaround will not work. I can´t predict which user on which machine will use which printer.
Our users have in most case max. two networkprinters connected - for our luck long physikal ways prevent the "need" to connect to more printers.
We have created a small script which erases all printerrelated registry-entries and files on the client.
A user or admin can run this script and the client is clean for a new printer-installation. This way we work around the naming-problem on the client. (The users *theoretical* know which printers cannot be installed at the same time).
Of course this works not on the printserver :)).

If there is no other solution, we have to "fight" another skirmish with HP ... maybe we can convince them to take more care when naming there files..........
... on the other hand maybe someone is happy to implement the needed variables to the samba-core?? :)
The moto would be: Power is nothing without control

Simo: Thanks for your answer.

Have a nice day.
Ralf