spoolname smbprn.XXXXXX.aaaaaa

Schmieg Friedemann Schmieg at ORIS-GMBH.DE
Thu Nov 28 08:27:01 GMT 2002

Hello There,

since a samba update from 2.0.5. to 2.2.5 (AIX)  we have new spooling names
like smbprn.XXXXXX.aaaaaa instead of the previous NT file name. We are
printing in a shell for creating pdf - files and after that we are searching
for the master document in our PDM system to check in the pdf as a scondary
file format. But of course with the new spool file name we lost all
information about the file and can't identify it any more in the database.

Is there a way to get the old filename back? We kept the smb.conf unchanged.

Regards, F. Schmieg