Browsing

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Tue Nov 26 16:04:35 GMT 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 02:43:19PM +0000, Neil Hoggarth wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Dave Satterthwaite wrote:

> > Trying to use Samba V2.2 on AIX V4.3.3 Set-up without any problems and
> > can use the read only shares that users require. Problem is the UNIX
> > server becomes master browser for our NT domain. Read documentation
> > and have made recommended changes to smb.conf, but still the same.

> "samba-technical" is a mailing list for development discussions - please
> use the "samba at samba.org" list for general questions.

> Try something like:

> [global]
>    domain master = no
>    local master = no
>    preferred master = no
>    os level = 0

It's far better to use the defaults for all of these values,
particularly since Win9x wets itself when it's left in charge of a
subnet as the LMB.  (He probably is using non-default values for at
least one of the above options, if Samba is interfering with the NT
domain.)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer