Browsing

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 26 14:44:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Dave Satterthwaite wrote:

> Trying to use Samba V2.2 on AIX V4.3.3 Set-up without any problems and
> can use the read only shares that users require. Problem is the UNIX
> server becomes master browser for our NT domain. Read documentation
> and have made recommended changes to smb.conf, but still the same.

"samba-technical" is a mailing list for development discussions - please
use the "samba at samba.org" list for general questions.

Try something like:

[global]
   domain master = no
   local master = no
   preferred master = no
   os level = 0

Don't forget to restart nmbd after you've changed the smb.conf file. If
you still have problems then post to the "samba at samba.org" list with a
copy of your smb.conf file and a detailed description of what goes
wrong.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology