missing printcap option

Bjoern Jacke samba at j3e.de
Mon Nov 25 14:56:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

there's an "lpq cache time" option but no "printcap cache time" option
which is important to show the actual availability of printers. When I
started my samba server some time ago I had some CUPS printers from a
remote machine visible - the machine and its printers are away since a
long time but samba still shows them. Just rcsmb restart makes them
disapear. Kurt Pfeiffle noted that he reported the same problem some
time ago on the samba mailing list. He said there, that reloading of
the printcap should also be triggered when the users press the F5 key
in the prіnter view. Could it be that this is a main printing feature
no one noticed before?

Bjoern