autoconf differences between 3.0 and head

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Mon Nov 25 14:03:00 GMT 2002

In preparing and testing a patch to Makefile.in and configure.in, I noticed
that the configure script for samba_3_0 was built with a much newer version
(2.54) of autoconf than the copy in head (2.13).  Is this deliberate? (doubt
it).  Would it be possible for someone to update the copy in head using a
newer release of the autoconf macros?  I don't have access to the newer
version, and I can't really test my patch on this old version.  Many thanks.

PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Computer, Inc.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.