make question

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Sun Nov 24 19:03:00 GMT 2002

I need to make a change to the Samba (3.0 and head) makefiles because my
system has a required executable suffix.  I know how to do this; I'm testing
the patch now. My question is, must I assume that Samba might be built by
some rather simplistic (to be kind) make programs, or can I assume that,
say, (GNU make) features like $(addsuffix ...) are universally available?
Judging by the existing makefile, the answer appears to be "assume the
worst..."

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Computer, Inc.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.