smbfs missing files

Daryl Boyd dboyd at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Nov 21 21:52:00 GMT 2002

I'm having a similar problem with 2.2.6 and Windows XP.
I opened ticket 25972.

Details Summary, see the ticket for complete info:
I have a directory with 166 files. If I run a ls | tee ~/t.1 | wc a
couple of times I get different number of files. I extracted the files
that where missing and compared them to tcpdump traces I have and they
all seem to be the last entry in a packet of the listing that tcpdump
has trouble displaying. I get:

 (DF) (ttl 64, id 6633, len 128)
11:45:45.293225 bailey.firefly.ca.netbios-ssn > tigger.firefly.ca.45704:
. [tcp sum ok] 16927:18387(1460) ack 576 win 63844
 >>> NBT Packet
NBT Session Packet
Flags=0x0
Length=2160 (0x870)
WARNING: Short packet. Try increasing the snap length (1456)

I have the snap length set to 0 which should capture the whole frame.  I
can provide the complete traces and well as ANY other info required to
fix this. I also have another complete setup experiencing similar problems.

I'm quite techinical, but haven't had time to crack the lid on the samba
code, and don't know if I can afford the time right now.

I haven't tried the patch listed below yet. What is bug number, or
description of the known issue holding it back from release?

Thanks for your help,
Daryl

 From an email in the technical-samba list.