NULL sessions - Listing shares anonymously - restrict anonymous

Yannick Mercier ymercier at mxtest.homedns.org
Fri Nov 15 14:22:01 GMT 2002

I installed the samba-3.0alpha20 (latest I think) and "restrict anonymous =
1" works
for denying the shares Listing from non-authentified users. As what Ive
read, the restrict anonymous = 2
is not implemented yet, but when it will be, it is supposed to deny all rpc
calls, which will be great

Unfortunately, Ill have to back out to samba 2.2 because Im using this samba
server as
a PDC also, and when I logon with my WinXP workstation, the PC reboots
during "Loading desktop settings"....
I guess its a bug in the alpha version of samba

I'm going to do some research, and figure out exactly what 'restrict
anonymous = 2' does.  If it denies all guest logins, then it is trivial
to implement.

Andrew Bartlett