Unable to authenticate with security=ADS

ZINKEVICIUS,MATT (HP-Loveland,ex1) matt.zinkevicius at hp.com
Thu Nov 14 22:28:00 GMT 2002

I need a local unix account for every user that can authenticate via ADS? I
want to use ADS for authentication, not local unix accounts. That's the
whole point.

The error looks like a problem in ticket handling anyway, so I don't think
this has to do with not being able to find a local account to verify
against. sigh... I guess I'll go read the active directory code now.

> Just to be sure, I assume that you /etc/krb5.conf is configured to see
> the kerberos "realm" for Active Directory.

Yep. My krb5.conf is attached to the original email if you want to look at
it.

> I think that the klist tickets command is supposed to be tested in the
> W2K machine and noy in the unix box.

My W2K box doesn't seem to have klist installed (At least not in my path)

--Matt