Group "Domain Users"

Michael Steffens michael_steffens at hp.com
Tue Nov 12 06:56:00 GMT 2002

Tim Potter wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 01:40:25PM +0100, Michael Steffens wrote:
> The winbind enum users/groups parameter deliberately doesn't stop wbinfo
> from listing the groups so there is at least one way to enumerate users
> and groups.

Yes, but specifically in an environment where domains are very large,
with many trust relationships, and with domain controllers being distributed
all over the world, benefits of this possibilty doesn't outweigh the costs
any more.

> The fact that a client disconnecting doesn't stop winbindd is a bug in
> winbindd but I think it will be hard to fix properly.

With excessively long queries being disabled it isn't that dramatic
for me.

BTW: I love Winbind! :))