Problems with map hidden (and possibly map system)

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Nov 6 18:58:01 GMT 2002

Hi Glen,
Just to confirm, this also happens with Samba 3.0alpha20.
If I make a file on my c drive, drag it onto the share
(defined below) named 'mccall' (unix perms 777), that works.
If I THEN mark that file readonly on my c drive, and drag it
onto the share 'mccall' again, it asks me if I want to overwrite
the existing file, I say yes, and I get the error:

"Cannot copy filename: Access is denied.
 Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
 and that the file is not currently in use."

My smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = TEST
        netbios name = ECL2000
        server string = Samba Server
        smb passwd file = /var/opt/samba/locks/smbpasswd
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/username.map
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/opt/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        lock dir = /var/opt/samba/locks