smbfs missing files

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 5 16:03:01 GMT 2002

> I try to get a list of all of about 19,000 directories,
> and then in each of these, a few hundred files.
> It seems to just not see some of the directories and some
> of the files when it goes through.

Have you tried one of the other clients (jcifs or smbclient or the Linux
cifs vfs) to see if it can display those files?  Do any of the
filenames/patch components (that do not display) contain international
characters above 128 decimal?   Can the missing directory/file be displayed
individually (e.g. by stat filename or ls filename)?

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294