libsmbclient status

Fabien Chevalier fchevali at supelec-rennes.fr
Sat Nov 2 22:27:00 GMT 2002

Le Saturday 02 November 2002 22:05, vous avez écrit :
> On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Fabien Chevalier wrote:
> > Hi all.
> > I'm curently playing with KDE smb slave, to try to improve
> > it. It is based on libsmbclient, so... i am playing with
> > libsmbclient too.
> >
> > I found some strange things with libsmbclient.
> > -The first version i tried, 2.2.6, had a problem listing
> > workgroups on the network. All the rest worked fine.
> > - I then tried 3.0 alpha 20. It had the same problem. And
> > moreover, it could not list the shares on a host anymore.
> > - I then tried 2.2.2...and it seems to work fine.
> >
> > What's the current status of libsmbclient development ?
> > Is there anything i can do to help solving these problems?
>
> I am holding some patches for head that I need to apply.
>
> Do you have a simple test program? I am interested in tracking
> down the regressions between 2.2.2 and 2.2.6, but any fixes
> will be applied to head now.

I do not have it yet(in fact..i have a tiny one, but it's a 5
minutes program...not really useful for anybody except me).
But i can write it tomorrow.
I think of something that would
1- probe for the existing workgroups
2- try to list machines in a workgroup
3- try to connect to a machine and then do
browse/read/write/whatever needs to be done for file operations

All this beeing done automagically for easy testing, with
switches for :
-forcing a network
-forcing a machine
-forcing a share
-forcing a directory
-forcing a file
-forcing user-passwd

And then it would print a report to the console (optionnally to a
file), listing the kind of test, the result (if failed the error
code, and the libsmbclient function called with its args)

Is it something that could be useful for you?

Best Regards.

Fabien.