libsmbclient status

Fabien Chevalier fchevali at supelec-rennes.fr
Sat Nov 2 21:40:01 GMT 2002

Hi all.
I'm curently playing with KDE smb slave, to try to improve it. It
is based on libsmbclient, so... i am playing with libsmbclient
too.

I found some strange things with libsmbclient.
-The first version i tried, 2.2.6, had a problem listing
workgroups on the network. All the rest worked fine.
- I then tried 3.0 alpha 20. It had the same problem. And
moreover, it could not list the shares on a host anymore.
- I then tried 2.2.2...and it seems to work fine.

What's the current status of libsmbclient development ?
Is there anything i can do to help solving these problems?

[I thought of writing a complete benchmark test program for the
lib could be usefull to easily detect regressions...it could the
first thing i can do.]