So, what can a program that can modify the SIDs in NTUSER.DAT do?

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Nov 1 16:41:59 GMT 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Andy Thomas wrote:

>   We have just set up a test domain, with a separate domain SID and
> separate user profile area.  We would like to copy existing profiles
> for some users to the test domain, and change the SID to match.  The
> program you are describing sounds perfect for this.  We have a need
> for this soon - if you need help testing or debugging, let me know.

OK, I have now committed all the changes to allow you to modify the SIDs.

You need to make with 'make bin/profiles' and you will need to run the
command twice, once for the owner SID and once for the group sid.

Also, bear in mind that I have not tested that this works yet. I will do
that tonight. However, it would be interesting to see if it does before
then.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,