Profile creation

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Fri May 31 01:12:02 GMT 2002

At 18:26 30.05.2002 -0500, Nathaniel N.Petersen (CNS Student Support) wrote:
>SAMBA VERSION: 2.2.4
>ERROR(S): Profile Creation
>
>I have recently been assigned to create a Samba PDC.  Earlier in the
>
>--[smb.conf]--
>
>[global]
>         workgroup = CNS_TESTING
>         netbios name = TEST_SMB_SERVER
>         client code page = 437
>         log level = 5
>         hosts allow = xxx.xxx.xxx
>
>         security = DOMAIN

If you want to be a PDC set 'security = User' ,
this means that samba uses it's own smbpasswd( or tdb or ldap...) as SAM
Database, read 'man smb.conf' !!!

I don't now if this fix your problem!?
>         os level = 64
>         preferred master = yes
>         domain master = yes
>         local master = no
>
>         encrypt passwords = yes
>         domain logons = yes
>
>         logon path = \\student\%u\.ntprofile

try a path with no leading '.'
         logon path = \\student\homes\%u\ntprofile

I'm not really sure,  but try it! I remember this solves my problems on this.
I seems that NT doesn't like this.

And read Simo's comments on this parameter...

>         logon drive = Z:
>         logon home = \\student\%u
>
>         admin users = root cthulu
>[netlogon]