Thanks for fixing oplock.c for Linux 2.0 in 2_2 CVS

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at attbi.com
Thu May 30 16:40:02 GMT 2002

Please see:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q297684

Which says in part...
SYMPTOMS
When you perform drive mapping from a Windows 2000-based client computer to either a Microsoft
Windows NT or Windows 2000 network share, the drive mapping may be disconnected after 15 minutes
of inactivity and Windows Explorer may display a red "X" on the icon of the mapped drive.
However, if you attempt to access or browse the mapped drive, it reconnects quickly.

CAUSE
This behavior can occur because both Windows NT Server version 4.0 and Windows 2000 Server can
drop idle connections after a specified time-out period, which by default is 15 minutes, so that
server resources are not wasted on unused sessions. The connection can be re-established very
quickly at a later time, if required.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, use a command to change the default time-out period on the Windows NT
Server 4.0 or Windows 2000 Server: At a command prompt, type: net config server
/autodisconnect:30 .

The valid value range to configure this setting from a command line is from -1 through 65,535
minutes. To disable Autodisconnect, set it to -1 .

Rich Bollinger