Microsoft DFS and the CIFS VFS

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Thu May 30 09:40:02 GMT 2002

> There is a smbfs implementation in BSD, but I believe it does not have any
> connection to the GPL'ed Linux version, other than for some comments where
> they have obviously compared what the code does (but that is allowed).
>
> I think it was made for one BSD variant first and that it has been copied
> to the others. Maybe that is why it is in 'ports'.

Its in the base src for 5.0, but what you said above makes sense.  In
any case we have a lot of gnu stuff in the base src so I don't think
it will be a problem as I don't think we're breaking anything in the
GPL license when we distribute.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr at inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>