Microsoft DFS and the CIFS VFS

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Thu May 30 08:48:02 GMT 2002

> On Thu, 30 May 2002, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
>
> > The FreeBSD kernel wouldn't be distributed with this module.  It would
be in
> > the ports system and compiled/added at a later time.
>
> Yes, but someone who was distributing the package with their kernel and
> propietary product would have to release any kernel sources they had :-)

That makes sense.  Currently we ship with something under GPL in our kernel
so I think this has already been taken care of.  We do not charge for our
sources and they are all readily available.  smbfs is distributed with
FreeBSD and I believe that is under GPL.  I think this module would be in
the ports system though and not distributed with freebsd in a release.