Ref: Bad File Descriptors

Eric Meyer emeyer at designmechanical.com
Thu May 30 06:44:03 GMT 2002

Samba Team,
In reference to the problem described by Wolfgang below - We are
experiencing the exact same thing.
We are using Mandrake 8.2 with 2.4.18 kernel and Samba 2.2.3a. Our Samba
shares are on a partition using Reiserfs. Clients are running WinXP and
Win2000. All clients are experiencing "Bad File Descriptor" errors. Below is
an example from the one of our clients log file.
[2002/05/29 17:00:42, 0] smbd/fileio.c:seek_file(53) seek_file: sys_lseek
failed. Error was Bad file descriptor
We also had to turn off oplocks etc for the same reasons as described by
Wolfgang.
Thanks,
Eric Meyer, P.E.
Design Mechanical Inc.