Microsoft's Dfs

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Wed May 29 12:51:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 12:43:51PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 06:06:52AM +0930, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> >
> > Has it been checked on FreeBSD? If not, if you give me the source, I will
> > check it for you.
>
> It is GPL code. I don't think it can be used in the FreeBSD kernel
> (correct me if I'm wrong Steve).

I don't think this will be a problem.  We currently have a GPL math
emulator in our kernel, just not enabled by default

options         GPL_MATH_EMULATE        #Support for x87 emulation via
                                        #new math emulator

If it can be loaded as a kernel module it will be even less of a
problem, but I don't know the specifics about the program in question.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr at inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>