VFS mailing list

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed May 29 08:37:03 GMT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> At 10:42 28.05.2002 -0400, Derek Holden wrote:
> >With the growing interest in VFS module development and subsequent traffic
> >on samba-technical, would it be wise to start a samba-vfs list for the
> >module authors? Just a thought.
>
> I think it could be samba-modules to discuss vfs modules, pdb modules,
> auth modules, etc.

Given past experience, if people want to form sub mailing
lists, that's fine, but samba-technical should remain the
focus of development.  A possible scenario might be

  * discuss internal module implement on sub mailing list
  * discuss interface and API's on samba-technical

This is how I've seen other projects work and it will cut
down on the noise with requiring every to subscribe to
all lists.

cheers, jerry