VFS mailing list

abartlet at samba.org abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 28 23:35:03 GMT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:24:31AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> At 10:42 28.05.2002 -0400, Derek Holden wrote:
> >With the growing interest in VFS module development and subsequent traffic
> >on samba-technical, would it be wise to start a samba-vfs list for the
> >module authors? Just a thought.
>
> I think it could be samba-modules  to discuss vfs modules, pdb modules,
> auth modules, etc.

I would particuarly oppose this for passdb and auth modules - this is code
I would like to keep and eye on, and I don't want to follow 'yet another'
list.

Other than that, I havn't noticed that much of an increse in traffic on these
three topics anyway.

The team policy seems to be that most things should stick on samba-technical,
so an to ensure a sufficeintly wide audience.  (Note the closure of samba-ntdom
for exactly this reason - we missed stuff becouse many of the team were not
subscribed)