Fix for multi-user database corruption problems just checked in.

Gerald Drouillard gerrylist at drouillard.ca
Mon May 27 09:21:02 GMT 2002

I finally got a chance to stress test a 2.2.4 with my netperf program
(clipper against FoxPro databases).  The default lock spin time/count
settings worked fine for 2 workstations.

For 6 workstations I changed:
lock spin time =15
Anything higher OR lower (by 5's) makes the server load increase and reduces
performance on the workstation

lock spin count =50
This value does not effect performance, but is required to get the machines
to complete the test without GPF'ing.  I found no reason not to be generous
with this setting.

Regards
Gerald Drouillard
Owner and Consultant