Thanks for fixing oplock.c for Linux 2.0 in 2_2 CVS

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 24 19:33:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:26:00PM -0400, Richard Bollinger wrote:
> Right... or if it times out because of the dead time setting... so it's shouldn't be that rare
> in the wild.  I have a feeling that a lot of folks just disable oplocks to avoid the "troubles".
> My test at work showed that the problem did not occur with a W2K server when I forced the
> disconnect from the server end.

Yes, I just tried that - same result. We're definately triggering a Win9x
client bug, it behaves differently when talking to Samba than to Win2k,
when talking to Win2k it closes the file before asking for the re-open,
thus not getting the oplock break request. With us, it requests a second
open without doing the close first. I'm still looking at why we cause it
to do that....

Jeremy.