samba-patches heads up

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Fri May 24 12:04:24 GMT 2002

A brief note that I am building Samba 2.2.4 with a fussy POSIX environment
and catching a number of small bugs and minor glitches in the source code. I
am posting the patches to samba-patches at samba.org. I am pleased to say that
the source code of Samba 2.2.4 is significantly cleaner with respect to the
POSIX-1996 standard than the old 2.0.7 version, which was the last release
we ported to Stratus VOS. (Our POSIX environment has grown and matured in
the intervening time as well, which also helps).  I note in passing that
there seems to be quite a backlog in the samba-patches queue; I'm sorry to
add to it.

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.