Thanks for fixing oplock.c for Linux 2.0 in 2_2 CVS

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at attbi.com
Fri May 24 11:09:28 GMT 2002

OK... time for a brain flush and refill...

I went back and verified my test conditions and determined that the same failure can be demonstrated
with every server platform we own running Samba 2.X with oplocks enabled and with a Win98 client.
Here's the setup:

On Win98 client:
    net use i: \\server\share1

On Server:
    smbd instance goes away by dead time exceeded or with kill command

On Win98 client:
    net use j: \\server\share2
    j:
    cd netbench
    netbench.exe                <<<--- here's where we get the oplock freeze for 30 seconds

I can send you a copy of the netbench directory off list if you need it.  I suspect the same failure
will happen for any DOS executable.

Rich B