Pages in a printjob

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri May 24 06:24:03 GMT 2002

I'm working on a system where customers have to pay for pages they
print, and as such it is essential that I have the pagecount of
a printjob before I send it to the printer.

Looking at the samba sources the number of pages in a printjob is
sent as part of the job_info_2 structure and extracted by
smb_io_job_info_2(). What I don't see is what is done with that
information. Ideally I would like to have all the information
in that struct available in the print command.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed? I'ld prefer not to have
to dive into the samba code myself, but if necessary and someone
can give me some pointer where I'll need to look I can do that.

Wichert.