SMB Connection failed

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Thu May 23 12:30:07 GMT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Abdij Bhat wrote:

>  This was working fine a few weeks ago when we were using the full blown
> Red-Hat distribution built for our embedded target (MIPS). Now we have
> scaled down the linux to minimal files ( to fit to our flash ) and i beleive
> something is missing; which causes the problem.

If it works on a std dist then maybe it is in the scaling (and since you
apparently didn't get my tiny-smbmnt patch that can't be it).

MIPS == big endian, no? Maybe that is your problem.

It would nice if you could verify that smbclient gives a similar error as
smbmount. If it doesn't then it's probably something smbmount doesn't do
right.

/Urban

PS. How about picking one list that you think fits the problem best?