[Samba] Re: Can I kill... 'add user script' behaviour in adding users during logon?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri May 17 18:04:02 GMT 2002

Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:22:06PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > Not sure. Optionitis striking again. But I think that the dynamic user adding
> > upon session setup is a bad hack anyway.
>
> Or another idea: Add a %-Macro to tell the script which subsystem did it?

If people were paying attention when writing the scripts, nobody would
get hurt.

However...

People (myslef included - and this is why 'add machine account' was
written, despite jerry's objections) like the ability to just put the
command in smb.conf, rather than calling a real script.

In fact, 'add user script/add machine script' was my first attempt at
this - but then JFM pointed out that _samr_create_user() creates users
*and* machines.  We ended back up where we started...

In short:  The extra % paramater will be unused, and the problem will
continue.

Andrew

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org