MSDfs and substitutions/default service..

Kevin Wheatley hxpro at cinesite.co.uk
Fri May 17 05:28:02 GMT 2002

Shirish Kalele wrote:
> Hehe, can't say I'm surprised..Could you post a network trace of this just
> to confirm what you're seeing..

Update on this,

I've tried replacing the lowercase with a call to unix_convert (in
msdfs.c) whilst doing this, I noticed something interesting....

I have a unix directtory

/dfsroot/XYZ

mapped using a default service under a virtual server ...

\\virtual\XYZ

in the directory I have several directories including one called 'AB'
and another called 'ab'. when you navigate into 'ab' Win2K explorer
decides to change the path to '\\virtual\XYZ\AB' (uppercase) but samba
gets the lowercase request ... so it sends the request as was then
decides to refresh the display with the upper case path,
ain't it fun :-)

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley              | These are the opinions of nobody   |
| Special Services (Projects) | and are not shared by my employers |