CVS update: samba/source/libsmb

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu May 16 06:25:04 GMT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Jeremy Allison wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 09:12:48PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > >
> > > I think that Samba 3.0 should be released with approximatly the current
> > > set of features + 2.2 printing, with only the usual bugfixes/ etc being
> > > merged across.  We have a very well QA'ed product at the moment - I
> > > would not like to loose that in the feature squese.
> >
> > There's a lot more work that needs to be done in that branch.
> > It really isn't very well QA'ed at the moment actually... :-(.
>
> any area in particular?
>
> My comment was based on the work I've seen the various NAS vendors
> putting into it.

Jst out of curiousity, what other NAS vendors out there are running HEAD?
I'm only aware of Quantum.

> In any case, I really see the need to get 3.0 out the door - and am
> looking forward to a 3.0.x to target other goodies at.

Agreed, but I seem to remember that some people owe me documentation
and you owe me a smbpasswd wizard since you championed the "make encrypted
passwords the default 3.0" move. :-)  Or at least make sure it gets done.

I'll be posting a list of other things that will need to get done before
3.0 goes out the door.

cheers, jerry