Samba 2.2.X, PAM and Kerberos5

Mike Gerdts Michael.Gerdts at alcatel.com
Thu May 16 05:24:04 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 20:54, Bogdan Iamandei wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > As far as it goes, your above configuration looks correct.  Have you
> > checked wherever your syslog auth  facility logs to, to see if pam_krb5
> > is logging any information that might be useful?
>
> Hmm, although it seems it supports the "debug" switch, the module seems
> mute as a fish.

Getting debugging of PAM modules to work on Solaris is documented
somewhere, but I forget where.  It seems as though it should be in
pam(3PAM), but its not.  Maybe it is in an infodoc on sunsolve.

Here is what you need:

touch /etc/pam_debug /var/logs/auth.debug
vi /etc/syslog.conf  add

	auth.debug<tab>/var/logs/auth.debug

pkill -HUP syslogd
tail -f /var/logs/auth.log