smbmount, smbumount and smbmnt

Abdij Bhat Abdij.Bhat at kshema.com
Tue May 14 22:33:02 GMT 2002

Hi,
 Thanks Urban for all the info. It was really of use to me especially since
i could do without smbmnt and smbumount.

 Sorry for the delay in my response.

 Could you please send me the patch you have used to reduce the footprint of
smb clients. I beleive that will really be very helpful for me.

 Also regarding the codepages i have some more query.
1. Since some other components in our embedded system needs codepages, we
have enabled the code pages in the kernel.
2. We have however not enables the CONFIG_SMB_NLS_DEFAULT. So smbfs should
not be using any codepages.
3. I have nothing in my smb.conf for the codepages. ( IS there any way to
disable codepage use in the smb.conf?)
4. However when i run my client i still get the errors i had previously
reported.

 WHat might the problem be?

 Once again thanks a lot for your time and advice.

Thanks and Regards,
Abdij