Too Many Open Files on 2.2.4???

Tristan Ball Tristan.Ball at vsl.com.au
Tue May 14 19:59:01 GMT 2002

Thanks jeremy!

I came to the same conclusion, late last night. It may be fixed if you
use Sun's 64bit C compiler, however I haven't fully tested - compiling
samba as LP64 gives a few warnings which I haven't chased down yet. The
include file defines the FILE structure to contain only a 16 element
array of longs when in 64bit mode. Comments elsewhere in the
includes/man pages are basically to the effect that FILE is opaque,
don't touch. None of the 64bit routines supplied for accessing
information in the structure give any indication either of whether more
than 256 discriptors are available...

I'll try with sfio for now, thanks for the pointer.

Ta,
	T.