SV_TYPE_PRINTQ_SERVER flag always true?

James Guzicki - IMG jguzicki at infomg.com
Tue May 14 09:25:03 GMT 2002

I hope this is the right list for this.  In trying to diagnose a printer
browsing problem on our Window machines, we discovered that all of our
Samba 2.2.3a and 2.0.9 servers in the Browse List were registering with the
SV_TYPE_PRINTQ_SERVER flag, meaning they had a print queue.  This was true
even for servers who didn't have printers at all.  This will pose a problem
for us soon because we will have about 50 Sun servers running Samba in the
near future, at least half of which will be over slow connections.  I
tracked down where this value is set in param/loadparm.c and was wondering
(I don't see why it would be a problem) if I should just comment out that
one line so that our servers don't announce as print queue servers?  Or is
there a reason that this value is always set?

James Guzicki - IMG