winbind UID, GID assignment

Mike Gerdts Michael.Gerdts at alcatel.com
Tue May 14 04:59:05 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 16:51, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> The problem is that we may not be able to resolve the SID at this
> time.   We can't even assume that the DC is even contactable in some
> situtations, let alone that it is alive and responding to requests in a
> timely manner.

Does that mean that the only problem that you have with the approach
used is that it relies upon knowning the domain and user or group name?
If so, would it make more sense to pass the sid to allocate_id() and the
plug-in would be responsible for allocating a uid/gid based upon that?
Presumably in my idmap_files plug-in this would mean that the fields
would be "sid:id".

Mike