2.2.2 Bug in unix_to_nt_time() + Fix

Jordan Russell jr-list-samba-technical at quo.to
Mon May 13 21:46:02 GMT 2002

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 03:58:51AM -0600, Jordan Russell wrote:
> > Today I came across a significant bug in time.c's unix_to_nt_time()
function
> > that causes file time stamps to be 1 hour off when a file was last
modified
> > within hours of Daylight Savings Time going into effect.
>
> This is probably right, and I'll apply it to HEAD - but
> too risky to add to 2.2.3 at this stage. 2.2.3-pre has
> been used in production in a number of places and I don't
> want to peturb the time code at this point.

It does not appear that the fix made its way into CVS. The bug -
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2002-February/034464.html -
still exists in 2.2.4.

Attached is the latest version of my one-line patch, which changes the
incorrect LocTimeDiff call into a TimeDiff call. I would greatly appreciate
it if the fix were included in 2.2.5.

Thanks,
Jordan Russell