Adding Recursion Available bit to name_query and node_status_query

Christopher R.Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon May 13 19:13:02 GMT 2002

:
> > RA - Recursion Available.
> >      Should only be set in messages which come from the NBNS (WINS)
> >      server itself.  Note that a machine that is running WINS will
> >      also have a local name table.  If the reply comes from the
> >      local name table, then RA should be clear even if the same node
> >      is running the NBNS (WINS) server.

Testing against an older version of Samba, this doesn't appear to be the
way things work.  I would like to test against a Windows box, but I don't
have one that will do the job just now.  The older version of Samba that
I run on a machine in the basement returns RA TRUE even if the name is
from the local name table.

I really would like to see what W/NT and/or W2K do...
Richard's fixes should make that easier.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org