Bug found in smbclient

Jay Ts jay at metran.cx
Mon May 13 00:04:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

Just in case I'm the first to have noticed this:

$ smbclient //server/share  -c "ls" -Tc
added interface ip=172.16.1.3 bcast=172.16.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Segmentation fault

This happened when out of curiosity, I wondered if
it was possible to execute some smbclient commands,
such as a cd to a subdirectory, before running the
-Tc tar backup of it.

The "server" and "share" strings in the above command
can be anything, and the command with -c can also be
a "cd dir" command. Just a plain "cd" with no arguments
resulted in odd behavior (the cd command ran, then
smbclient hung, without doing a tar backup). I haven't
tried any other smbclient commands with -c.

Jay Ts
jayts at iname.com