Domain logon problem

Claus Svarer csvarer at nru.dk
Fri May 10 09:02:05 GMT 2002

Hi

In the system we have setup we are doing domain logon's from Windows 2000
machines with profile sharing between a net of PCs. Once in a while some
of the users using the machines see a problem when they do a logon to a
new PC (a PC they have never used) and rarely to machines where they
already have an account. When doing the login an error box pops
up. The message in the error box are:

"Explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will
need to restart the program"

I hoped this problem would be solved in Samba 2.2.4 but I still see the
problem.  The Samba server is running on a HP-UX 11.11 system, and Samba
are compiled using the HP ANSI-C compiler.

The annoying thing about the error is that as soon as the the first error
pops up a new error message with excatly the same error message pops-up.
If you do nothing this continues to go on. The only solution is to use
<Ctrl+Alt+Del> and then choose logout. It doesn't solve the problem,
while the next time you login you will have the problem at all machines
in the network. The only solution is therefor to delete the profiles for
the user at both the server and all machines in the network. Very
annoying!

If any one has any proposel to what we do wrongly or can propose a
solution it would be very helpful for us.

Best regards
Claus Svarer

---

                               -
| Claus Svarer                \_/                                          |
| Neurobiology Research Unit   | Phone  : +45 3545 6716                    |
| National University Hospital |                                           |
| Rigshospitalet, build. 9201  | Fax    : +45 3545 6713                    |
| Blegdamsvej 9                |                                           |
| DK-2100 Copenhagen O         | e-mail : csvarer at pet.rh.dk                |
| Denmark                      | http://neuro.pet.rh.dk/staff/csvarer.html |