How can you tell if a node is a WINS server ...

Christopher R. Hertel crh at umn.edu
Wed May 8 14:42:02 GMT 2002

Look at the RA bit in the returned packet.  A WINS server should set
this bit.  A non-WINS should leave it clear.

I am pretty sure this works with Windows boxes.  If so, we should be
sure we do this correctly in Samba.  :)

See my notes in section 3.4.3.2.1 of
http://www.ubiqx.org/cifs/NetBIOS.html

Chris -)-----