session exec ???

Kevin Wheatley hxpro at cinesite.co.uk
Wed May 8 08:31:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I was wondering if anything ever came of the session exec suggestion
from earlier in the year ?

I'm particularily interested in dynamic share creation, sort of like
an automount, where the existance of a directory under a base
directory would cause the creation of a share, based upon a template.

e.g.

/base/foo
/base/bar
/base/etc

would create the shares

[<sharename>]
	commant = dynamic share (<sharename>)
        path = /base/<sharename>
        read only = No
        create mask = 0664
        force create mode = 0664
        directory mask = 0775
        force directory mode = 0775

whith <sharename> = {foo, bar, etc}

What I want to avoid is creating a share [base] with those directories
then visible. so that the UNC names are as close to possible those of
the Unix paths...

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley              | These are the opinions of nobody   |
| Special Services (Projects) | and are not shared by my employers |