compile samba-2.2.4 on Solaris 7

Tian-xiong Lu tianl at agrecon.canberra.edu.au
Tue May 7 17:23:01 GMT 2002

Thanks, Richard for the reply.

Tried with -fPIC instead of -KPIC, it worked. Checked with gcc
manpage, -fPIC is
an option but -KPIC not.

However, still several other warnings:

1. smbd/password.c: In function 'grab_server_mutex':
    smbd/password.c:1198: warning: passing arg 1 of `message_named_mutex'
discards
    `const' from pointer target type.

2. lib.system.c: In function`sys_readdir':
    lib.system.c:331: warning: return from incompatible pointer type

3. In file included from nsswitch/winbind_nss_solaris.c:20:
    nsswitch/winbind_nss_config.h:135: warning: `ZERO_STRUCTP' redefined
    include/smb_macros.h:48: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition

Could someone take a look at these warnings?

Regards,
Tian.