Antwort: Re: pdb_nisplus

Toomas Soome tsoome at muhv.pri.ee
Tue May 7 17:07:56 GMT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002 Thomas.Mieslinger at germanparcel.de wrote:

> Maybe I didn't get you right, but this would mean pdb_ladp suffers the
> same problems with %u etc.

it seems so.

> In the smbpasswd.org_dir are fileds like profile_path, dir_drive and
> home_dir. How do I use these values for telling the workstations the
> correct logon drive and so on?

I have smbpasswd entry like following:
tsoome:1020:3040:1000:3001:[U          ]:blaah:blaah
:LNT-7FFFFFFF:LOT-7FFFFFFF:KOT-7FFFFFFF:LCT-3CD11A1B:CCT-7FFFFFFF:MCT-7FFFFFFF
:Toomas Soome:\\madli\tsoome:H:::\\madli\profiles\t\tsoome\Win\Profile:MTAT::
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

I put some newlines to fit on line. the basic idea is that if there is
value in nis+, we will use it, if not, we will try to find default from
smb.conf. thisway we can use per user settings and system defaults....

btw: you may notice that dir_drive is H:, my personal feeling is that
there should be just H and : should be added by pdb code, but..... somehow
H: does not "feel" right....

toomas
--
Hoare's Law of Large Problems:
	Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get