pdb_nisplus

Toomas Soome tsoome at muhv.pri.ee
Tue May 7 06:52:01 GMT 2002

basically this is because there is no %variable expansion done after
fetching data from name service.

when the pdb_nisplus was written, to start discussion if such expansion
should be done in pdb_ module or outside of it and as some other modules
did not implement it, I left it out as well.

I think, there was some discussion about this issue in samba-technical and
if I remember correctly, the conclusion was that if we do want to provide
compatibility with MS in future, then we should not support useing
%variables in name service....  but this means also that such variables
should be expanded before storing them into nis+/ldap/... hm...

toomas

toomas
--
Eat the rich, the poor are tough and stringy.